Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Creepy books, Funny books and Everything in Between.

Hellloooo Fellow Bloggers,
During the past couple of weeks I've been putting more time in my schedule to read a few books, short, long, just as long as their worth the time. As my mother pointed out to me after I read "Twilight";and complained about it, I am a book snob. I just don't read any type of book. They have to have a special something to them.
So this week I read a book, Coraline, that had that special something. It's a story about a girl; and I'm sure your seen it in the media,who walks through a door in her house and finds a world exactly like her old one except everything is much more interesting, and much creepier. She finds a women their with black buttons for eyes who claims to be her other mother. Soon Coraline realize her real parents have been kidnapped and she must rescue them. It is a story that I think has many different types of lessons, all which are important, and I don't want to give too much away, so if you like dark books this is one to read. but I don't recommend it if your a sensitive reader.
They are also making a stop motion movie of it, here is the trailer, it looks good and I hope to go see it.

I got out a lot of books from the library, probably a lot more then I can read, but I like to have them around. I got out the sequel to a book I read a year ago called "The Name of This Book is Secret". Reminiscent of Lemony Snickets style, I'll always like this book because last year I had a dry spell with reading. I'd get out a book but never finish it. This book though was funny, and nicely written. So I persevered with this it and finally finished it. It was like a spell was broken and suddenly I was able to finish reading all the books I got out. Sometimes I still don't finish books, but usually it's for a good reason now. I just bought a book from the library, for 25 cents. It's a historical novel, which looks like a lot of fun, and I'll probably finish it, eventually. I did buy it after all...

No comments: