Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Author Reviews Coraline and a Book



HELLLOOOOO fellow bloggers,
Okay, so I think I'll make this quick. I went to see the Coraline movie last week with my darling sister, and I liked it. She was freaked out a bit, but I think she liked it too. I could be wrong though. The more I think about it the more I realize I didn't like it as much as the book. It doesn't make my top ten, but neither did the book. The cat is a great character in the book and movie but wasn't (in my opinion) used enough in the movie, Coraline lacked some emotion in the book and had a lot more in the movie, but she was kinda bratty, and decided to hate her next door neighbor for no reason. Although she did have a reason later on, but that's beside the point. Anyway it was nice and scary and the 3D was cool. The stop motion was nicely done too. It's definitely good, but not great. All in all if you look hard enough you can learn alot from it like "It's better that you don't get everything you want.","your mothers the best mother for you.","pay attention to your kids or someone else will" or even "if you see someone with button eye run like heck in the opposite direction." and "when in doubt throw a cat."


My second review is for a book I just finished called Savvy. It is about a little girl named Mib's, who lives in a family that get's a special power on their 13 birthday. It's almost her 13 birthday but suddenly her father gets into a terrible accident. After a misunderstanding over her new power, she finds herself on a road trip to her fathers hospital, with a bible salesman, her two brothers, and the preachers kids. the book is very cute as it tells about the ups and downs of growing up and making decisions, and finding out who you are. It also really sounds like it is written by a 13 year old girl from Kansas/Nebraska.
Well, I have to get going now, but i just wanted to write this all out real quick before I forgot.

No comments: