Hi all you bloggers out there! I haven't written in a while because, well I didn't have much to write about that was interesting.
But I found something kinda interesting this morning. It was a frozen EGG! seriously. Then my poor mommy and sister had to go out in the crazy wind, to go to school, just so they could teach little children how to read. ^_^
But I bet your asking..."what does this have to do with happyness? are frozen eggs your source of happyness? Or watching your poor mother and sister go out in blistering weather?"
no it's not 'cause that would be Schedenfrued, which is a german word meaning "pleasure from other people's misery." which is something that happens alot in sitcoms, and cartoons. Sometimes it's funny, sometimes it's just annoying. But Rebbe Nachman said you shouldn't get laughs by making other people feel bad. Which I think is nice, there are alot of other ways to be funny without being cruel.
Sometimes it's really hard to be happy when you are so sad. But Rebbe Nachman said it was sooo important to be happy that you should do anything to be happy, even being silly. I'm not sure I could imagine a Rabbi acting silly but, i'm sure amongs themselves they must be sometimes. I've learned alot from Crossing the Narrow Bridge but I like the happyness chapter the best so far. So whenever I feel bad I try to do alot of things that make me happy. So I've made a little list, it's not in any order, just in order of remebrence.
1. I say Perek Shira, 'cause it makes me feel better reading all the pretty verses the animals say to Hashem.
2. I listen to funny songs like Animaniacs or Veggietale or alvin and the Chipmunks.
3. I read a new Mystery! Right now I'm reading Wuthering Heights which isn't a mystery, but when I go to the library I'll get more mystery's to read.
4. I'll watch something that makes me happy, like HSM or Animaniacs, or some really old comedy show or movie.
5. Alot of other stuff I do is if I haven't done Davening yet, I'll do it to help myself be happy.
6. I'll dance! I love to tap dance but I'm not too good at it. Mostly I just run up and down the hallway. Or I'll knit. My mommy just taught me how to knit and when it get's bigger i'll post a picture of it up here! I also like to make people happy by making them laugh which makes me happy to make people happy which is...good. ^_^
If I think of anything else I'll post it up. But in the mean time, if you ever feeling down just try to think of all the things that make you happy. With some practice, it might get easier and people will say, "Look at him/her, there so happy! that's what I admire about them!" Which is a wonderful thing to be admire for.
Now I will go and eat oatmeal, with lot's of brown sugar which makes me happy when I eat it on a cold day like this. ^_^